Mark an item off your bucket list and join us for an incredible encounter with the Kona Manta Rays. This world famous dive / snorkel trip has been featured on numerous Travel, National Geographic and Discovery Channel programs.
The Kona Coast is home to over 200 resident Manta Rays and each has been named and identified. Much like a fingerprint is unique to each human, Manta Rays have distinguishing black and white markings on their underside that are used to identify them nightly. These gentle giants can grow up to 20 feet in length and weigh up to 3000 pounds, but they have nothing that bites or stings, making this the safest large animal encounter in the world.
Groups of Manta Rays converge nightly off of Keahole Bay to feed on the smorgasbord of phytoplankton that appear to soak up the glow given off by underwater dive lights. After a scenic sunset boat ride to the manta dive / snorkel location, our friendly and knowledgeable staff will instruct you on how to encounter these amazing creatures so we can protect the mantas and their habitat. At a water depth of 25 feet, both snorkelers and certified scuba divers are able to safely view the incredible performance put on by the mantas. Mantas "Delaney," "Koie," "Blain," "Big Bertha," "Darth Ray-dar," and more put on a show for you.
Meet these majestic creatures face-to-face with our experienced staff to guide you.
• No age restrictions
• No experience necessary
• Fun for the whole family
• Ride-alongs welcome
• Seating in either sun or shade areas, toilet on board
• Oversize swim platform and fresh water showers
• Top quality wetsuits, snorkel gear / flotation devices included
• Top quality dive gear available for rental (BCD / Regulator / Wetsuit)
• Snacks and soft drinks provided
• Friendly, knowledgeable and professional staff
• EcoAdventure time is 3 hours (departure times vary by season)
• Departs from Honokohau Marina, boat check–in is 30 minutes prior to departure
• 98% chance of seeing manta rays
• Bring towel, jacket or cover-up, underwater flash camera
|1 Tank Dive||105.00|
|Dive Gear Rental (BCD, Regulator, Full Wetsuit)
|Snorkel Ages 4 - 12
|Ages 3 & under
Guaranteed to see a Manta Ray on Manta Ray Night EcoAdventure or come again for FREE
All activities will be charged Sales Tax (4.17%) and Harbor Use Fee (3%)